Sunday, May 26, 2013

Required Reading

Our Tators are always reading. Here are their favorite books for the month of May.
May's Required Reading



More of All's books »



Book recommendations, book reviews, quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists

Angie
I recently finished the short story supplements to the Chaos Walking trilogy, entitled The New World, The Wide, Wide Sea, and Snowscape. If you have read the series, you should definitely read these short stories. They are great additions to the plot and gave me just the closure I needed after the final book in the original trilogy

Heather
My Required Reading is Matthew Amster-Burton's Pretty Good Number One: An American Family Eats Tokyo. It's about fun, family, and food in Japan as the author spends a summer in Tokyo with his wife and eight year-old daughter in a tiny apartment. It is equal parts laugh-out-loud funny, saliva-inducing, and wanderlust string-pulling. You will probably be packing your bags for Japan mid-book. Full review forthcoming!

Jared
Bonk is a refreshing, realistic view on a topic that is often shied away from in the mainstream. It also has some well done studies that aren't in the public eye. I'm not all the way finished with it, but loving it so far.

Jeane
 I listened to The First Part Last on audio and I think that the narrator did an absolutely fantastic job. When I started I wasn't sure if I would life this book, but I ended up loving it.  I also liked that this is a look at not only teenage fatherhood, but teenage single fatherhood which is a whole other ball game!  


Karena
I really enjoyed Where'd You Go, Bernadette as I mentioned in my review earlier this month. It was snarky, funny and at its core, heartwarming. 

Laura
Like the main character in Cat's Eye, a few years ago, I just moved back to the town where I grew up. I strongly identify with Elaine's feelings and how she is reminded of her childhood by her familiar surroundings.  She is wants to see her old friends yet is hesitant at the same time.


Did you have any favorites this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment