Friday, June 21, 2013

Literary Loot

Literary Loot is where we share some of the recent bookish gems we've brought home. 
Source: Karena Fagan
As promised, here's part two to my loot from the Santa Cruz Public Library's Spring Sale.

The Blind Assassin. I read Margaret Atwood's The Handmaid's Tale last year and, while I didn't love it, I was fascinated with her writing. I hope to give this one a shot in September if The Handmaid's Tale wins the book poll. 

The Yellow Wallpaper has come up a few times on our Goodreads forums, so I thought I'd give it a shot and it sounds great!

I've never read any Virginia Woolf. I can't decide if I should start with Mrs. Dalloway or To the Lighthouse, which I also picked up on a previous Lit Loot excursion (which apparently never got published because I can't find it, but trust me, I have it!).

Unless was an impulse grab; however, it is on the 1001 Books to Read Before You Die list. It looks great.

Rabbit, Run is for my Author Challenge (reading one book from each letter the alphabet using the author's first or last name). I need Mr. Updike for the letter U. I've heard this is a great series as well. 

Have you picked up any great literary gems lately? 

No comments:

Post a Comment