Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Tator Tuesdays

Every week we ask our Tators bookish questions. This week's question is 


What book have you read that you weren't looking forward to, but ended up liking it a great deal? 

Angie



Heather

The Devil in the White City by Erik Larson. I was attending an informal book discussion group a year or two ago where it was on the list. One of the members said that, when she read it, it scared her so much she couldn’t sleep. That, coupled with the fact that the book talked a lot about architecture -- a topic I knew little to nothing about and had no interest in -- turned me off. However, while reading, I enjoyed learning about architecture, the World’s Fair, and H.H. Holmes. The research that went into the novel as well as the narrative Larson was able to weave together makes for a very compelling story that shouldn’t be missed!


Jared


Jeane


Karena

 Life of Pi. I was not looking forward to that one at ALL, but ending up liking it a lot.

Laura


The Age of Innocence. I was about to give up on it and if it weren't for CWAtC, I would have stopped reading it early on. I ended up enjoying it very much, and this experience made me realize THAT is the reason why I joined CWAtC.


Do you have any books that surprised you?

No comments:

Post a Comment