Sunday, June 30, 2013

Required Reading

Our Tators are always reading. Here are their favorite books for the month of June.

June's Required Reading



More of the Tator's books »

Book recommendations, book reviews, quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists


Angie 

The Golem and the Jinni: This book was amazing to read. It is the perfect mix of fantasy and realistic fiction. The imagery is vivid, and the characters are well-developed. 

Heather

Michael G. Santos' Earning Freedom: Conquering a 45-Year Prison Sentence. Mr. Santos' book is equal parts engrossing and remarkable. This story is the epitome of finding strength within oneself in the face of great adversity; it's much more than turning lemons into lemonade. The lessons Mr. Santos learns while in prison and shares with readers aren't limited to the confining concrete walls of incarceration -- they're lessons all of us can learn about how to lead gracious, focused, and goal-oriented lives while managing the obstacles life throws our way.

Jared
I like the science of it [Solaris]. 

Jeane

Hilarious! Perfect story for anyone who likes science fiction, or humor, or just a light hearted action book. Redshirts by John Scalzi will make you laugh out loud and as a bonus Wil Wheaton narrates the audio book! Awesome! 

Karena

I have two this month. I really enjoyed Gone Girl and Hunted. I hesitated to submit GG for my pick because I really don't have much more to say about it than anyone has already, but I liked the unpredictability of it and the characters were though unlikeable, intriguing.  And Hunted was a fun, action packed read. If you are looking for an Urban Fantasy series to try, I HIGHLY suggest the Iron Druid Chronicles. 

Laura

Behind the Attic Wall  - I read this book during my lunch time at work. I usually eat lunch alone because of how the schedule works out, and I often feel lonely, so I identified with Maggie who drinks tea and eats crumpets with her new family of dolls. This is a very touching and magical book that would make for an amazing movie. 

Did you have any favorites this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment