Friday, May 24, 2013

Bookshelf, Library Bag or Donation Box

In Bookshelf, Library Bag or Donation Box, our Tators give their verdict on the books they read, whether they're keepers for the shelves, one you borrow from your local library, or just give to your local used bookstore. 

“When I was a little kid I thought like a little kid, but now I'm five I know everything”

Told entirely from the point of view of a five-year-old, Emma Donaghue's Room is about a woman who is kidnapped and kept in a small shack in her kidnapper's backyard. In the years she was held captive she gave birth to her son, Jack. Jack spent his whole life knowing nothing but the one room, but when she is afraid that her captor's house would be foreclosed and the shack abandoned she needs to make an attempt at escape that would rely on Jack's bravery to venture into a world he knows nothing about.  

A very interesting novel that gave me goosebumps to read. I listened to this on audio and the narration was very well done, with several narrators. The suspense of the escape with very nail-biting, but the entire second half of the novel was just okay, but maybe could have been shortened. Regardless, it's a very good book. 


 The Verdict

Library Bag: I would recommend this to anyone who likes good general fiction reads. I also maybe recommend this book to anyone who likes crime books, even though this is not technically a crime book, it is centered around a kidnapping.


No comments:

Post a Comment