Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Tator Tuesdays

Every week we ask our Tators bookish questions. This week's question is:


What is your all-time favorite quote?


Angie

"So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past." 
-F. Scott Fitzgerald The Great Gatsby

Heather

 I don’t have one but a quote that’s been resonating with me lately is Mary
McCarthy’s “We are the hero of our own story.”

Jared
Hundreds. None of them jump to my mind. I love how authors can put shit together.

Karena
In omnibus requiem quaesivi, et nusquam inveni nisi in angulo cum libro.

(Everywhere I have sought peace and not found it, except in a corner with a book.)” 
Thomas à Kempis

Laura
Since you embrace this indiscriminate vice, 
Your friendship comes at far too cheap a price;
I spurn the easy tribute of a heart
Which will not set the worthy man apart:
I choose, Sir, to be chosen; and in fine,
The friend of mankind is no friend of mine.”
- Alceste from The Misanthrope

What's your favorite bookish quote?

No comments:

Post a Comment