Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Tator Tuesdays

Every week we ask our Tators bookish questions. This week's question is: 

What is the best book you’ve ever received as a gift? 

Angie


Heather

Every gift of books is the best, don’t you think? Most recently my favorite was the gift of At the Abyss: An Insider’s History of the Cold War by Thomas Reed. My mother saw him speak in my hometown, purchased the book, and had it signed just for me because she knows how much I enjoy history and politics. The best book-related gift I’ve ever received was a Kindle from my husband -- it was his wedding present to me. He wanted me to be able to read while traveling overseas on our honeymoon without the burden of physical book size or weight.

Jared

How Far Will You Go? It is a book of questions that’s great for parties. I have a lot of fun memories because of it.


Jeane

The People of Pern autographed by Anne McCaffrey

Karena
1001 Books to Read Before You Die from my parents. It's not really because of the content, but because it got me interested in the classics again which led me to cofounding CWAtC.

Laura

To Be a Pilgrim by Joyce Cary. I found it for .99 in a deli when I was nine years old and my mom went back and bought it for me.

What is the best book you've received as a gift?

No comments:

Post a Comment