Monday, May 13, 2013

Literary Loot

Source: Karena Fagan

This is the Steinbeck edition of Literary Loot as along with my fellow podcasters, Jeane, Jared and I visited the Steinbeck House as well as the National Steinbeck Center in Salinas, California last week. We'll talk about our visit more on next week's podcast, but I thought I'd share my goodies.

I picked up Tortilla Flat from the Steinbeck House Gift Shop. There were a few to chose from that I didn't own, but this one looked interesting. They also embossed the inside for me with a seal saying it's from the House. Not in the picture is actually a collector's spoon from the House as well that I bought for my mother who collects them (spoons that is, not houses). From the NSC down the street, I bought the t-shirt (which names all of Steinbeck's works on the back as well) and The Acts of King Arthur and His Noble Knights which was unfinished at the time of his death in 1968.

I am hopelessly behind on my Steinbeck bibliography as I've only read The Grapes of Wrath so I think I might start one of these soon. Next weekend my library is having a huge sale and you know I'm going to bring home a great number of them. Stay tuned!

Did you pick up any literary loot this weekend? Share it with us! 


No comments:

Post a Comment